Sunday, April 21, 2024

April 21, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

God Steps In

I came in with only one bag. The personnel from the VA rehab facility took me shopping. I had holes in my bras. I had no clothes. I had nothing. I later became a secretary in volunteer services. I received awards and was voted in as president by the recovery group. I was like, What is this going on? There were just so many miracles happening in my life. And I was like, This is happening!

God just stepped in when I walked through that door. Somebody said that sometimes God reaches out right where you are, pulls you out of that area and pulls you into recovery. You never know where he's pulling you to.

You just know when you get there. That's where you belong. That is just what he did to me.

Today let me trust that when I let go and let God, I am carried to new heights.

-- Karen A., U.S. Air National Guard, 1980–1991

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment