Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Nov. 28, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Finding Hope

Since devoting myself to recovery, I’ve never been without hope. I’ve experienced some really dark times in recovery, and there have been times when hope was all that I had. There’s an Italian proverb that says “Hope is the last thing ever lost.” How beautiful. How inspiring. I now understand that sharing hope is the most important thing I can do. Hope can be planted like a seed. I confess I was once a dope dealer; now I’m a hope dealer. I can share my experience and my knowledge to inspire hope in others. I can show them how to share their hope. And hope will spread. Hope will grow.

Hope is really about believing that things just might be okay. We can hope for healed relationships. We can hope for fresh starts. We can hope to make it through the next hour, next day, next week, next month, and next year in our recovery. We can hope to feel joy again. Hope means glimmers of light in the darkness, in the darkest of despair.

We all have hope. Somewhere. We might have to dig deep, but it’s there.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment