Tuesday, June 27, 2023

June 27, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Two Lives in One

I’m surrounded by people in recovery. For eight and a half years now, I’ve lived this life that is so amazing. I’ve been given an opportunity to reengage in my sons’ lives. In 2020, right before COVID, I got married again. My wife is in recovery too. My oldest son is twenty-eight. My youngest is eighteen and will soon be my middle child, because my wife is currently pregnant with another boy. My wife is twenty-two years younger than me. She also has two kids that she did not raise because of what she went through with her family and addiction.

It’s been challenging, but with those challenges come sunshine, hope, and the rainbows we see in our dreams. I love this way of life. I’ve been given an opportunity to live two lives in one lifetime.

Today I will see my second chance at life – my second chance in recovery.

— Armando S., U.S. Army, 2006–2009

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment