Saturday, June 24, 2023

June 24, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate, and to humble.

 Yehuda Berg

The words we choose to use have immense power. We can use words to bring peace to others. We can use words to tell our Higher Power and others how much we care. Or we can use words to hurt others. We can curse them and scare them away. We often did this when we used alcohol and other drugs.

In recovery, we learn to use words in a kind, wise way. We treat words as a gift. We use words to build our relationships.

Do I use words in a kind way? Do I treat words as a powerful gift? Do my words make the world better or worse for those who hear me speak?

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, when I speak words, help me think about their power. Help me speak to others in a kind way.

Action for the Day

Today I’ll speak to others with respect. My words will add a little kindness, honesty, and love to the world today.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment