Thursday, March 30, 2023

March 30, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Letting go of false pride

What’s going on when we say that some things aren’t good enough for us? Some of us feel that if we can’t “win” at work, romance, or sports, we won’t even play. This is called false pride.

If we are operating with false pride, chances are we’ll also refuse help from others, the very help that might save our lives. If we can’t accept anything from anybody, how can we expect to recognize and receive our Higher Power’s big gifts for us? We need to work on false pride by accepting little things from others.

Am I letting go of false pride?

Higher Power, help me open up so that I can accept things from others, whether simple or grand.

Today I will work on my false pride by …

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment