Saturday, November 19, 2022

Nov. 19, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation


 Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

The Past

Let go and let God. What’s turned over turns out. — Anonymous

There is a bit of packrat in all of us. We’ve carried things around with us that should have been thrown away long ago. We have had bad experiences that we can recall in an instant. We play the scene back in our minds and bring up those old feelings, and suddenly we are back in time. We feel the anxiety, anger, and resentment of the moment.

We learn in recovery not to carry the effects of old feelings into our present reality. We ask our Higher Power for the willingness to let go and turn over those memories. All they do is cause us pain and remorse. Our willingness to venture beyond the past into the present is the key to the future.

I will learn what I can from my past. Then I turn it over and put it behind me in order to build my future. I trust my Higher Power to take over all the things I’ve tried to control.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment