Saturday, October 15, 2022

Oct. 15, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Being cured

Friends and associates may see us as people who are super-sober: they think we have the problem licked, that we’re cured. They’re uneasy when we say, “I am an alcoholic; I am an addict.” They would prefer us to say, “I was.”

We would like to believe them, but in our hearts we know that it’s not possible for us to drink or use any longer. By saying we are addicted, we remind ourselves of who we are and where we came from.

Am I grateful for being sober, even though I can never be cured?

Higher Power, grant me the acceptance to understand that I am not cured. Relieve my temptation to believe those well-meaning people who are convinced that I am no longer an addict.

Today I will enjoy being clean and sober by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment