Wednesday, July 21, 2021

July 21, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

It’s not easy to learn to whistle if there’s no one to show you how. — Janusz Korczak

How lucky we are for those who have gone before us. They have worked hard to find sobriety and develop it into a program where millions can be touched by it. They developed the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions so we have guides in how to get sober and develop lives of dignity and respect.

We also need to see that we are responsible to teach those who need to learn to whistle. We are responsible to serve and reach out to the still-suffering addicts around us. We will teach those we meet to whistle, and they will teach still others to whistle. This is our way. We are to be there for each other and for those who will follow. We pass it on so we can keep it and allow it to get deeper into our hearts and souls.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to embrace my responsibilities for the still-suffering of the world. Help me use my energy to serve.

Today’s Action

Today I will reach out to the newest members of my group. I will call them to see how they are doing and to see if they want to go out for coffee. My treat.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment