Saturday, July 17, 2021

July 17, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Saturday, July 17, 2021

Today, gratitude instead of crediting myself for all things good that happen today, however small. My spiritual fitness depends on humility, and humility crumbles into self-importance and egoism if I think that I and I alone worked hard and "deserve" the good and accomplishments of today. Although it is appropriate to hope that my decisions and actions contribute to some good, gratitude has to be given to my Higher Power for my selfless decisions and actions. In recovery, my spiritual and emotional foundations would not be as solid as they have become since I surrendered and set out on their charted course. Today, I am grateful to recovery for empowering me with the ability to do what is right for something and someone other than myself. While I can say I grabbed the lifeline of recovery, it is that lifeline and whoever threw it to me that is owed the gratitude for the good I have today. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment