Sunday, June 27, 2021

June 27, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

For me, the healing process starts with graciousness and forgiveness. — India Arie

We need to forgive so we can heal. Forgiveness means not wanting to get even. Forgiveness means letting go of self-will. Anger and hate are forms of self-will that take up room in our heart. Yet a still, small voice inside of us wants to forgive. Just as others have forgiven us, we need to forgive them. When we forgive, we give our will to our Higher Power. When we forgive, we make room in our heart for our Higher Power. By giving up our anger and our hate, we let that still, small voice come through a little louder. This is how we heal. This is why forgiving is so powerful for us.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me let go of self-will. Help me forgive people. Take the anger I am harboring and replace it with understanding.

Action for the Day

I will list any anger or hate I have. I will think about how this gets in my way and what actions I can practice to break down my hatreds.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment