Friday, May 21, 2021

May 21, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Friday, May 21, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between I occupy myself as best I can. — Cary Grant

We need balance in our life. Both quiet times for introspection and meaningful activities that take us outside of ourselves enhance our emotional and spiritual wellbeing.

Too much self-absorption and too little attention to other people can impoverish us emotionally. Likewise, always seeking distractions and having to constantly be in the thick of things can cut us off from our deeper spiritual resources.

The least stressful and most productive plan for our daily recovery is to strive for moderation in all our activities and simplicity in our self-analysis. Our inner wisdom will guide us when we acknowledge the direction from our Higher Power that emerges in the quiet places of our mind. Then we can give our attention to other people and better acknowledge, praise, and love them.

I will find time for both quiet meditation and involvement with others today.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment