Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 24, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

One of the most important parts of the AA program is to give our drink problem to God honestly and fully. — Twenty-Four Hours a Day

We don’t handle our drinking or other drug problem. We don’t take care of this problem by ourselves. We turn our problem over to our Higher Power. We need to be very clear about this; we can’t handle our drinking or other drug problem! Our Higher Power keeps us sober through the Steps and the fellowship of the program.

Our job is to hand over our problem to our Higher Power. We do this daily by acting like sober people.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I know I can’t handle drinking and using other drugs. I turn my problem over to You. Please take from me the urge to drink or use.

Action for the Day

Today, I’ll remember why I can’t handle or take care of my problem with alcohol or other drugs. And I’ll remember why my Higher Power can.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment