Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sept. 29, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day

Those of us who find recovery choose to admit that we’re personally powerless over our addictions. In the program, as we surrender to our Higher Power, we develop a new, healthy dependence, even if it simply takes the shape of a dependence upon our group.

Have I chosen to try for a life of honesty and humility, of selfless service to my fellows and my Higher Power?

Today I Pray

May I grow the wisdom to know the difference between “willpower” (which has failed me before) and “willingness” to seek help for my addiction, through my Higher Power and through others who are also recovering. May I know that there are choices open to me as there are to my fellow sufferers in the foggiest stages of addiction. May I choose the kind of life that my Higher Power wants for me.

Today I Will Remember

Willingness, more than willpower, is the key to recovery.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment