Monday, September 21, 2020

Sept. 21, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation


Monday, Sept. 21, 2020

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

God is no enemy to you. He asks no more than that He hear you call Him “Friend.” — A Course in Miracles

It is natural for us to take a bit of pride in where we find ourselves today. It is natural for self-centered people like us to think we owe it all to our own efforts. So it’s an imposition to be asked to turn our will over to our Creator. We sometimes feel resentful at the suggestion that God can do a better job of running our life.

We don’t even want to think about the sacrifices we might have to make with God in charge. But God doesn’t ask for sacrifice. God is not our enemy; we are. God only asks, as our friend, to be included in our decisions.

My prayer today: Thanks, Friend, for my continuing recovery. Join me in everything that I do today.

I will help myself grow today.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment