Saturday, March 10, 2018

March 10, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Saturday, March 10, 2018
Today’s thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

If there’s a harder way of doing something, someone will find it.
 — Ralph E. Ross

When we used alcohol or other drugs, we did most things the hard way. We could turn a simple task into a day-long project. We could turn a simple problem into an argument. We were creative giants in doing things the hard way!

We need to change this. We deserve easier lives. It’s okay to take the smooth road. In our program, we have slogans for this: Keep It Simple, Let Go and Let God, First Things First, and Easy Does It. These slogans remind us that it’s okay to live with as little trouble as possible.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, show me how to live a simple life. I don’t have to do everything the hard way if I listen better to You.

Action for the Day
I’ll list three or four things I do that make my life harder than it needs to be. I’ll share them with a friend.

You are reading from the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment