Monday, October 9, 2017

Oct. 9, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Oct. 9, 2017

Reflection for the Day
I remember once hearing someone in The Program say, "Life is a series of agreeings or disagreeings with the universe." There is much truth in that statement, for I'm only a small cog in the machinery of the universe. When I try to run things my way, I'll experience only frustration and a sense of failure. If, instead, I learn to let go, I'll have time to count my blessings, work on my shortcomings, and live fully and richly in The Now.

Do I believe that what I am meant to know will come to my knowledge if I practice the Eleventh Step - praying only for knowledge of God's will for me and the power to carry that out?

Today I Pray
May I take my direction from the Eleventh Step - and not fall into my usual habit of making itemized lists for God of all my pleas and entreaties and complaints. May I no longer second-guess God with my specific solutions, but pray only that His will be done. May I count my blessings instead of my beseechings.

Today I Will Remember
Stop list-making for God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment