Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Oct. 10, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017

" ...I think there are some of us who, at times, try to read extra messages and complexities into the Steps. ...AA is within the reach of every alcoholic, because it can be achieved in any walk of life and because the achievement is not ours but God's. ...there is no situation too difficult, none too desperate, no unhappiness too great to be overcome in this great fellowship - Alcoholics Anonymous." Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, 1976, "They Stopped in Time," Ch 11 ("A Flower of the South"), p 395.

Today, no searching for words of eloquence to convince anyone of the redemption, reconciliation and grace of AA and, instead, letting my example serve as its most powerful testament. " ...No situation too difficult, none too desperate, no unhappiness too great to be overcome." If today I think or feel that I have fallen too deeply too fast, am beyond saving or that the damage I have inflicted is so beyond repair that a new beginning is impossible, let me have if nothing else blind faith to make the call that could be my new beginning. Today, I do not and cannot accept that I am beyond the reach of recovery, and I set out today to start anew. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment