Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Oct. 4, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
Am I critical of other members of AA or of new prospects? Do I ever say about other members: "I don't think they're sincere, I think they're bluffing, or I think they're taking a few drinks on the quiet?" Do I realize that my doubtful and skeptical attitude is hurting those members, if only in my attitude toward them, which they cannot help sensing? Do I say about new prospects: "They'll never make the program," or do I say: "They'll only last a few months?"  If I take this attitude, I am unconsciously hurting those prospects' chances.

Is my attitude always constructive and never destructive?

Meditation for the Day
To be attracted toward God and a better life, you must be spirit-guided. There is wonderful illumination of thought given to those who are spirit-guided. To those who are material-guided, there is nothing in God or a finer life to appeal to them or to attract them. But to those who are spirit-guided, there is strength and peace and calm to be found in communion with an Unseen Lord. To those who believe in this God, they cannot see but whose power they can feel, life has a meaning and purpose. They are children of the Unseen Lord, and all human beings are their brothers and sisters.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may be spirit-guided. I pray that I may feel God's presence and power in my life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment