Monday, October 2, 2017

Oct. 2, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Oct. 2, 2017

Reflection for the Day
An entire philosophy of life is condensed in the slogan "Live and Let Live." First we're urged to live fully, richly and happily - to fulfill our destiny with the joy that comes from doing well whatever we do. Then comes a more difficult challenge: "Let live." This means accepting the right of every other person to live as he or she wishes, without criticism or judgment from us. The slogan rules out contempt for those who don't think as we do. It also warns against resentments, reminding us not to interpret other people's actions as intentional injuries to us.

Am I becoming less tempted to involve my mind with thoughts of how others act or live?

Today I Pray
May I live my life to the fullest, understanding that pure pleasure-seeking is not pleasure-finding, but that God's goodness is here to be shared. May I partake of it. May I learn not to take over the responsibility for another's adult decisions; that is my old controlling self trying, just one more time, to be the executive director of other people's lives.

Today I Will Remember
Live and let live.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment