Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 6, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Today
, should I hear myself or an AA member say that the Program of recovery isn't working for me, grant me the humility to be open to the possibility that the Program DOES work and maybe it is I who isn't working the Program. And I need only to believe that countless alcoholic men, women and young people have recovered without ever drinking again through the years of AA's existence to clue me that a problem may be with ME and not the Program. Let me not find excuses in the indefensible to rationalize or justify a pending wet or dry drunk, like I am lonely, I have lost too much, no one likes me, I don't feel anything when I drink or I'm still traumatized by the mustache my mother grew when she went through menopause. If the Program isn't working for me, I need only to fall back on the very first four words of the Program to tell me that I'm not working the Program: "Admitted (I was) powerless ..." Today, admitting that I am powerless is the sole reason that I'm not working the Program. And our common journey continues. Step by step. -Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment