Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sept. 9, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012
Just for today, I accept that my Program and me require a Higher Power to progress toward a quality sobriety. To those in the Program who might say that the a Higher Power is a myth or that an entity stronger than ourselves does not exist, I look back on my own experience as a drinking alcoholic when I conducted myself without regard to the needs or feelings of others and when I made decisions based only on my wants. I didn’t do such a great job running my life on my own vices, and it was only when I sought out and found that Power which is stronger and wiser than me that I began my journey to the Program’s spiritual awakening. And the Higher Power of which the Program speaks is not necessarily the God of any organized religion or even a god. That Higher Power can be nothing more simple than a development of a moral voice that dictates that how I manage my life and the choices I make involve not just myself but others as well. Today, I ask if I need a Higher Power. My answer: yes, I do. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment