Friday, September 7, 2012

Sept. 7, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Friday, Sept. 7, 2012
Just for today, I will respect the recovery Programs of other individual members without imposing my own Program. For what works for me in AA may not work for another individual, and vice versa. I can look at my own experience in the Program through the years and see that what works for me today would not have worked three years ago, and that what works for me today may not work a year from now. For life is an evolving process of change, which is as it should be. It is not my privilege to criticize the Program of someone else when that Program is keeping that person clean and sober and on the road of progress. Today, I respect that the Program that works for me may not work for someone else and that another’s Program, if it works for him or her, is not “wrong” if their Program could not work for me. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment