Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sept. 6, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012
Just for today, I include myself in the group to whom I owe amends for the misconduct and damage I inflicted in my drinking days. There is wisdom that I cannot be thoroughly honest and humble in my amends to others if I do not first make amends to myself, amends in the form of accepting my behavior and its consequences to others and myself and, most importantly, amends in the form of forgiving myself. For in making amends, we also seek forgiveness, and we cannot expect forgiveness from others if we do not forgive ourselves. And how can we forgive ourselves? We can start by acknowledging and accepting the pains and damage we inflicted and be prepared to deal with the consequences instead of dodging them. In some cases, we may never be able to atone for our sins, but our highest example of amend may be to be clean and sober in this day, one day at a time. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment