Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sept. 4, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012
Just for today, I will try to remember gratitude and its importance in my recovery. I can be grateful that the lifeline of the Program was tossed to me when I needed it, grateful for the peers in the Program who stood with me and picked me up when I stumbled and fell, grateful that the Steps of the Program have kept me clean and sober the last 24 Hours and, maybe most importantly, grateful that whatever problems I have even in sobriety are nowhere near as bad as they were in my drinking days. In feeling with sincerity a gratitude that my life in sobriety is far better than it was in my drinking, I can hope to develop the humility that is required to make progress in my sobriety - humility being my total surrender to my Higher Power and seek His will for my life, not mine. Today, I measure my sense of gratitude with the goal to bolster it for the sake of progress. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment