Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nov. 18, 2010 - AA Thought for the Day

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AAOnline.net)

Thursday, Nov. 18, 2010

A Choice
At my first meeting, I heard "You don't have to drink again."
This was a total revelation to me.
For a long time I had believed that alcohol
was one of the few positive things left in my life. . .
I had to drink to survive, let alone to have any comfort.
Yet here, people who had been in the same boat
were telling me that I didn't have to drink. I don't think I believed them that night,
but it gave me enough hope to avoid drinking the rest of the day.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 364-365

Thought to Ponder ...
Just for today, I choose not to drink.

AA-related 'Alconym' ...
O D A A T = One Day At A Time.

www.friendsofbill.net

No comments:

Post a Comment