Monday, September 9, 2024

Sept. 9, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, Sept. 9, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?

-- William Shakespeare

We're now part of a fellowship we call the program. Let's also remember that we're part of a larger fellowship called the human race. We all hurt the same. We all love the same. We all bleed the same. We all need understanding and care.

Yet in other ways, we are not all the same. Let's remember to understand and find value in the differences among people. If not, we'll be afraid of anyone who's not like us. And that behavior isn't acting in line with what the Steps encourage.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to love all people. Help me be open to others who are different from me. Help me love my neighbor.

Action for the Day

Do I think I'm better than others? If that's true, I'll pray that my Higher Power will remove this shortcoming of mine.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment