Sunday, August 28, 2022

Aug. 28, 2022 – Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Sunday, Aug. 28, 2022

I realize that all I’m guaranteed in life is today. The poorest person has no less and the wealthiest has no more – each of us has but one day. What we do with it is our own business; how we use it is up to us individually.” – Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, 1976, “They Lost Nearly All,” Ch 2 (“Promoted to Chronic”), p 473.

Today, fully understand and accept that all I have today is just that – today! Whether I have little to nothing, or all and more than I need materially, I am no less and no better than anyone because, in the end, all we take with us to our final chapters is ourselves. But, especially in recovery, I cannot foolishly look too far beyond the forest in my goal to achieve a landmark anniversary in sobriety or any other goal; one of the trees in the forest could cold-cock me. Grant me wisdom and prudence to see first what is in front of me instead of beyond and what must be done to get me to the long-term destination. Today, I do with what I have – today. And our common journey continues. Step by step. – Chris M., 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment