Monday, May 23, 2022

May 23, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, May 23, 2022

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day

I know today that I no longer have to proceed on my own. I’ve learned that it’s safer, more sensible, and surer to move forward with friends who are going in the same direction as I am. None of us needs to feel shame at using help, since we all help each other. It’s no more a sign of weakness to use help in recovering from my addiction than it is to use a crutch if I have a broken leg. To those who need it, and to those who see its usefulness, a crutch is a beautiful thing.

Do I sometimes still refuse to accept easily obtained assistance?

Today I Pray

Higher Power, make me see that it is not a sign of weakness to ask for help, that the camaraderie of the group is what makes it work for each of us. Like a vaccine for diphtheria or polio, the program and the strength of the group have proved themselves as preventives for slips and backsliding. For the tools of recovery, I praise my Higher Power.

Today I Will Remember

Help is as near as my phone.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment