Saturday, April 23, 2022

April 23, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Saturday, April 23, 2022

Today, reflect on the choices and responsibilities of sponsorship. If I have progressed in my sobriety that I need to ask someone to sponsor me, where and how do I begin? My home group is fertile ground, and I may think about selecting three or four members, narrow them down to those I feel I can trust most and then approach that potential sponsor in confidence. If I am being asked to sponsor someone, however, I ask my Higher Power for the wisdom and responsibility before taking on such a sacred trust. Let me understand that sponsorship does not mean I am the sponsee's pseudo-priest and that the job does not make me "preacher." Today, I extend my recovery to include asking to be sponsored and, God willing, consenting to someone's request to offer my strength, hope and experience to him. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment