Sunday, February 20, 2022

Feb. 20, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Sunday, Feb. 20, 2022

Today, in these 24 Hours put aside MY wants and hear the cry of someone whose need is greater, whose anguish cuts deeper and whose fears are more haunting than mine. This is the marching order of Step 12: to carry the message to the alcoholic who still suffers and wants the message. And to be an effective 12th-Stepper, I must put aside my wants and needs for someone whose need may be greater. In putting myself aside in favor of someone else this day, I might experience a fundamental change, a spiritual awakening, a move toward compassion, empathy and selflessness. Not absolutely altruistic, however. My motive hasn't really been altogether selfless - I may have progressed to my first or another spiritual awakening by attaining humility in the knowledge that my own fears, insecurities and problems probably are not as heavy as someone else's. Today, someone whose burdens are heavier than mine will have my prayers. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment