Friday, February 19, 2021

Feb. 19, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Friday, Feb. 19, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. — The Gospel according to St. Matthew 15:14

Twelve Step programs are sometimes called “self-help programs.” But they’re not really, because we all help each other. We don’t stay sober by ourselves. Sometimes we call Twelve Step programs “peer programs.” And they are. All of us are equal. No one is an expert.

But we need to be careful whom we choose for a sponsor. We each need to find someone who has been sober longer than us. Someone who understands the Steps. Someone who lives by them. Someone we want to be like. We need to stick with the winners.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I know I’m like a blind person who is just beginning to see. Help me follow the path of those who see better than I do.

Action for the Day

Today I’ll list the people in my program I go to for help. Am I sticking with the winners?

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment