Sunday, April 12, 2020

April 12, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Sunday,  April 12, 2020
Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:
Dealing with depression
When we felt depressed, we used to take the “quickest” escape route: getting high or drunk. But we found that we couldn’t escape feelings for very long and that using drugs or alcohol leaves us feeling no better, and often worse, both physically and emotionally.
At times like these, it would be more helpful to simply acknowledge the feelings without using the substances. It would be more useful to remember our Higher Power, the program, and our fellow members.
Can I use the program to help deal with feelings of depression?
Higher Power, when I feel depressed, help me use my program, avoid self-medication, and reach out for help.
I will practice dealing with feelings of depression today by…
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment