Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July 24, 2019 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

I’ll be the sun upon your head, The wind about your face, My love upon the path you tread, And upon your wanderings, peace. — Gordon Bok

Today I will feel. I will feel wind and water, earth and sun. I will feel rain, the taste of it, and the soft sting of its coolness. I will feel the familiar touch of my shirt against my skin, my hair across my face in the wind.

Today I will feel love like a candle on a birthday cake that never goes out. No matter how much you blow on it. I will feel compassion like a toothache, a dull pain that lets me go about my business but never goes away. I will feel joy and sorrow, pain, and pleasure. Today I will feel. I will feel like a human being, unique as a snowflake, common as grass.

How many different ways do I feel today?

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment