Friday, January 5, 2018

Jan. 5, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 
"There is a solution. Almost none of us like the self-searching, the leveling of our pride, the confession of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consummation. But we saw that it really worked in others, and we had to come to believe in the hopelessness and futility of life as we had been living it. When, therefore, we were approached by those in whom the problem had been solved, there was nothing left for us but to pick up the simple kit of spiritual tools laid at our feet."- Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, 1976, Ch 2 ("There Is a Solution"), p 25. 

Today, if I cannot or am not ready to surrender to a spiritual being and experience, let me begin or renew my sobriety and recovery by looking to my peers who have not only sobered up but have undergone a personality and an emotional overhaul. If I cannot understand that something good can be stronger than me is similar in comparison to alcohol being more powerful than me, let me understand that the process of recovery is an evolutionary one and that the spiritual concept of the program is not a prerequisite to begin the process. Let me believe today that the spiritual awakening or experience promised me by the program may yet to be, if it hasn't already and if I do not recognize it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment