Thursday, January 4, 2018

Jan. 4, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018

Reflection for the Day
For a good part of my life, I saw things mostly in negative terms. Everything was serious, heavy or just plain awful. Perhaps now I can truly change my attitude, searching out the winners in The Program who have learned how to live comfortably in the real world - without numbing their brains with mood-altering chemicals.

If things get rough today, can I take a quiet moment and say to myself, as the philosopher Homer once said, "Bear patiently, my heart - for you have suffered heavier things ...?"

Today I Pray
May the peace of God that passes all human understanding fill the place within me that once harbored my despair. May an appreciation for living - even for life's trials - cancel out my old negative attitudes. During heart-heavy moments, help to remind me that my heart was once much heavier still.

Today I Will Remember
I, too, am a winner.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment