Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Jan. 3, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018

AA Thought for the Day
When I came into AA, I learned what an alcoholic was and then I applied this knowledge to myself to see if I was an alcoholic. When I was convinced that I was an alcoholic, I admitted it openly. Since then, have I been learning to live accordingly? Have I read the book "Alcoholics Anonymous?" Have I applied the knowledge gained to myself? Have I admitted openly that I am an alcoholic?

Am I ready to admit it at any time when I can be of help?

Meditation for the Day
I will be renewed. I will be remade. In this, I need God's help. His spirit shall flow through me and, in flowing through me, it shall sweep away all the bitter past. I will take heart. The way will open for me. Each day will unfold something good, as long as I am trying to live the way I believe God wants me to live.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may be taught, just as a child would be taught. I pray that I may never question God's plans, but accept them gladly.
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment