Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Jan. 2, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018

Reflection for the Day
Before I came to The Program, I hadn't the faintest idea of what it was to "Live In The Now." I often became obsessed with the things that happened yesterday, last week or even five years ago. Worse yet, many of my waking hours were spent clearing away the "wreckage of the future." "To me," Walt Whitman once wrote,"every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle."

Can I truly believe that in my heart?

Today I Pray
Let me carry only the weight of 24 hours at one time, without the extra bulk of yesterday's regrets or tomorrow's anxieties. Let me breathe the blessings of each new day for itself, by itself and keep my human burdens contained in daily perspective. May I learn the balance of soul that comes through keeping close to God.

Today I Will Remember
Don't borrow from tomorrow.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment