Saturday, August 12, 2017

Aug. 12, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017

Today, I cannot neglect those people who stuck it out through my drinking days, going on blind faith or hope that I might still get myself together. But in the process of my active disease, the people around me may well have gone through their own private hell and, in the more tragic consequences, may have become sicker than I. While they are no more responsible for either my alcoholism or addiction, they also are not responsible for my recovery. But my recovery must acknowledge that my alcoholism was not a "one-victim" consequence, and for those people who were victims of my drinking I owe my gratitude and respect - and deepest regrets. And my single strongest amend to them may well be my continued sobriety. Today, I will acknowledge and be grateful for my Al-Anon, or the many of them, and I will be there for them in their private journeys as they were there for me. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment