Monday, October 1, 2012

Oct. 1, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Monday, Oct. 1, 2012

“Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.” - Step 11, Alcoholics Anonymous.

Just for today, whether I have fully embraced the concept of a Higher Power or am skeptical either as an atheist or agnostic, I remember again that Step 11 requires that I be at least open to the possibility of something greater and stronger than myself and, in doing so, seek the will and way of something other than my own. This is the definition of humility - to be open to learning and carrying out the will of that power which is stronger and wiser than me. I cannot be reminded or jolted enough that history has proven time and again that running my life on my terms has always led to the same disastrous results and outcome; thus, the insanity of addiction. Today, I will consciously remember that I am dependent on a wiser and stronger power to position me on a non-destructive course and that I am risking a slip or complete relapse if I forget that it hasn’t worked my way. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment