Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan. 16, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Monday, Jan. 16, 2012

"Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves." - Step Four

Just for today, if not one of the most "feared" of the 12 Steps, one of the most intimidating. In even hoping to take on this one productively and honestly, I must be certain within myself that I have exercised Steps One, Two and Three to the best of my ability because, if I haven't, the consequences of taking on the Fourth could be devastating. In beginning the Fourth, may I have the wisdom to ask my Higher Power for the courage, strength, honesty and objectivity to be as searching as I can. And let me remember that the Fourth asks a moral inventory, not an immoral one, and of myself and not of another person. And making it objective is the reason I should take it with a sponsor or, at least, someone I trust unconditionally. Today, my inventory will be "searching" and, however, intimidating, "fearless." And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment